The Theoretical and Experimental Psychology is a periodical scientific and analytical journal of the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education (PI RAE). The Institute was founded in September 1912. Over its long history, a number of leading scientific schools have developed within its walls, which have made an invaluable contribution to the development of domestic and world psychological science. The works of outstanding researchers of PI PAE in the field of general psychology, educational psychology, developmental psychology, psychophysiology, differential psychology and psychogenetics are included in the golden fund of domestic and world science.
The Theoretical and Experimental Psychology Journal conjoins the best traditions of the Psychological Institute and global trends in modern psychology. Editorial staff of the journal is focused on cooperation with professional organizations and international scientific schools that contribute to integrating Russian psychological school into the world scientific community in order to improve the quality of scientific research and expertise and expand the potential for implementing advanced scientific achievements.
The journal is published with the support of the Russian public organization "Russian Psychological Society".
The journal publishes materials containing original theoretical, analytical and empirical articles and reviews on the topical issues in various areas of theoretical and experimental psychology, which are distinguished by scientific and practical novelty, relevance and a pronounced author's position.
The journal was established in 2008 by the decision of the Academic Council of the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education, is published 4 times a year and is recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission (HAC) under the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation as a peer-reviewed scientific journal for publishing the main scientific results of the PhD thesis.
The journal Theoretical and Experimental Psychology is included in the current List of peer-reviewed scientific publications of the Higher Attestation Commission, where the main scientific results should be published by specialists in the corresponding branches of science in which academic degrees are awarded:
- 5.3.1. – General psychology, personality psychology, history of psychology (psychological sciences)
- 5.3.2. – Psychophysiology (psychological sciences),
- 5.3.3. – Occupational psychology, engineering psychology, cognitive ergonomics (psychological sciences)
- 5.3.4. – Educational psychology, psychodiagnostics of digital educational environments (psychological sciences),
- 5.3.5. – Social psychology, political and economic psychology (psychological sciences)
- 5.3.7. – Developmental psychology (psychological sciences)
- 5.3.8. – Correctional psychology and defectology (psychological sciences)
- Original theoretical, analytical and empirical articles and reviews in various fields of psychological science and practice, as well as related sciences;
- Assessments of programs and descriptions of the best practices in the field of applied psychology;
- Previously unpublished works of classic authors of domestic and foreign psychology.
The journal is aimed at creating professional information environment and providing domestic and foreign psychologists with up-to-date comprehensive professional information of a theoretical and applied nature in the field of psychology.
The journal has its purpose to disseminate information about modern achievements of psychological science in the field of fundamental and applied research, as well as assessments of the forms and methods of psychological work.
The journal aims to solve the following tasks:
- reflecting modern trends in the development of theoretical and experimental research in general, differential, and applied psychology;
- promptly advising the psychological community on the emergence of new technologies, methods, tools and results of theoretical and experimental research taking place in the Russian Federation and abroad;
- providing links between experimental method and psychological theory and practice.
The target audience of the journal is a wide range of specialists: psychologists and teachers, practicing psychologists and social educators, psychophysiologists, medical psychologists, education managers, carrier consultants, young scientists (graduate students, undergraduates, applicants, students), practitioners and everyone who studies psychological science and is interested in the psychological problems of a person in the modern society.
Mass Media Registration Certificate
- Title: Theoretical and experimental psychology
- Mass media registration certificate: No. ФС77-83219 dated 26 april 2022.
- Editorial office address: 125009, Moscow, st. Mokhovaya, 9, building 4.
- Referential topics and (or) specialization: educational, scientific, informational (in the field of psychology), advertising in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation on advertising
- Form of periodic distribution: periodical printed edition, journal
- Languages: Russian, English
- Distribution Territory: Russian Federation, foreign countries
- Founder: Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution “Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education”.